AFFORDABLE & COMPREHENSIVE SECURITY & MONITORING FOR BOATS
ASK ABOUT SOLUTIONS FOR CARAVANS, MOTORHOMES & HOLIDAY HOMES
If you own a boat, vehicle or dwelling that is empty for periods of time, you will naturally have concerns about security and damage. REMON® will constantly monitor the status of your property, notify issues by SMS text straight to your mobile phone and maintain a detailed log, accessed securely via web browser. REMON® provides a comprehensive and secure solution to provide peace-of-mind about the status of your remotely located property.
SENSORS & ACTUATORS WHERE YOU NEED THEM, WITH NO MESSY WIRING
- Battery-powered or self-powered with up to 10 years operation
- Wireless comms links sensor to boat controller
- Actuators provide wireless-linked relays to switch pumps, fans, lights, heaters, etc.
INTELLIGENT BOAT CONTROLLER
- Accelerometer to detect knocks, intruders, etc.
- Sensor intelligence to provide immediate response – turn on pumps, fans
- Local analysis of sensor data to minimize data upload, prevent false alerts.
- Use a smartphone or tablet to access a secure web portal while sailing
- access GPS, speed over water, track and sensor data
- configure controller, update firmware, add new sensors/actuators.
- Use smartphone internet access to upload data logs and track progress – let your wife know where you are!
IS YOUR BOAT WHERE YOU LEFT IT?
- Slipped the mooring?
- Dragged the anchor?
IS SOMEONE ON-BOARD – HAS THERE BEEN A COLLISION?
- Detect sudden movement, such as collision or being boarded.
HUMIDITY, TEMPERATURE & LEAKS
- REMON® can monitor temperature, humidity and calculate dew point
- Check water level in the bilges for leaks below the waterline.
- Check water level elsewhere to detect rainwater ingress.
- Automatic control of pump, de-humidifier, vented fan, etc.
GAS AND SMOKE DETECTION
- REMON® can detect propane, butane, carbon monoxide and smoke.
FUEL AND BATTERY LEVELS
- REMON® can monitor your diesel fuel level, clean water and LPG.
- Monitor the state of charge of your main and backup batteries.
- The logged data can be stored in the device and transmitted as required to the REMON® server.
- Communication between the device and the server is provided either directly from the boat via a GSM connection or a low power radio comms link (LoRa) between boat and local internet gateway.
- Data comms is scalable and secure, taking advantage of Amazon Web Services IoT, ensuring that only the owner and their authorised users can access the data.
- Simple SMS text to any mobile phone anywhere in the world with priority notifications – this could be the owner or harbour master/marina staff.
- Browser-based access to your own private portal showing current situation and trend of data.
- Trending data is useful to spot slow leaks, failing batteries, etc.
- Tell REMON® ahead of your trip to switch on the fridge and activate the heating or air-conditioning.
- Check diesel fuel and clean water levels in advance – ensure everything is prepared for a great sail!
- The 2G GSM connection is optimized for telemetry data (M2M) and can take advantage of any local provider – data will be transmitted over the strongest supplier network.
- The low power radio comms link uses LoRa – a free-to-air low-speed data link with up to 10km range.
- Sensors and actuators comply with LwM2M – a global standard designed for the Internet of Things.
- Communications from the boat or marina over the internet uses Amazon Web Services for the Internet of Things (AWS IoT). This guarantees a responsive, scalable, secure solution, not dependent on any proprietary network.
- Use of standards, such as LwM2M and AWS IoT, ensures the REMON® solution is future-proofed and will work with compliant technology from 3rd-parties.
- The REMON® solution provides a published API to allow integration with 3rd-party monitoring solutions.
For more information, please contact Thinnovation