FSLogix™ Office 365 Container
Enable Successful Office 365 Deployments in all Virtualized Environments
For enterprise class performance expected by your end-user community, Cached Exchange Mode (CEM) must be enabled in Outlook. Once CEM is enabled, very large files (OSTs) will need to be persisted between virtual workspace sessions. Doing this with traditional approaches like roaming profiles or Folder Redirection will lead to very long logon times and severe performance issues, often preventing virtual desktop initiatives to be successful. To make matters worse, many of these workarounds are supported by Microsoft in a very limited scenario and on a ‘best effort basis’.
FSLogix addressed this problem with the release of our award winning Profile Container solution, launched at Citrix Synergy 2015.
Starting in July, 2016, a subset of FSLogix Profile Containers is now sold as a separate drop-in module, FSLogix™ Office 365 Container, allowing administrators to take full advantage of our Office 365 support without having remove their existing profile or UEM solution. This new offering is the industry’s first drop-in solution that enables true Cached Exchange Mode for all virtual workspaces using Office 365, and real time search for virtual desktops.
Unified Base Image management with App and Profile Containers
FSLogix Apps is a software agent that enables virtual desktop administrators to massively reduce the number of Windows Gold images, easily manage per-user applications, optimize license costs while assuring compliance, and eliminate some of their biggest problems in VDI and RDSH. Administrators have more applications and workspace variations to deal with than ever. And traditional application virtualization products often add undesirable overhead and still can’t address all use cases. FSLogix enables enterprises to easily go from way too many images, to a single Unified Base Image, without repackaging applications, ever. Using “image masking”, a single Windows image can serve any number of users by presenting only what they are allowed to see. With the newly added ability to merge centralized profiles and applications from App Containers into the user’s desktop, FSLogix offers the most flexible and powerful solution to transform workspace management that’s available today.
Top Ten Reasons to Use FSLogix Apps
1. Massively reduce the number of Windows gold images in your environment
2. Eliminate silos/pools in XenApp and VDI
3. Make non-persistent VDI a reality
4. Solve user profile issues and eliminate folder redirection in VDI/XenApp
5. Simplified DR/BC for virtual desktops
6. Ensure license compliance for all users and all apps on all Windows infrastructure
7. Implement VDI and DaaS without legacy management overhead
8. Manage multiple application versions, like Java, easily
9. Simple version control and rollback for application updates
10. Granularity to feature level for Office add-ins, browser plugins, printer visibility, fonts